So now that my wardrobe is considerably more streamline, I have started to think about what is missing from my closet and what I wear on a regular basis. In other words what do I really wear every day? Or more specifically what do I WANT to wear every day. Which led me to making a list of things I like to wear.
Keep in mind that this is not a general gothic wardrobe list but what I personally like to wear on an every day basis. My taste is decidedly RomantiGoth so this list is trailered specifically towards that style. Also, I have a job that I can wear whatever I like within reason and good taste so I don't have to tone things down. I tend to dress a little old fashioned most of the time and compared to some of my friends wardrobes I'm probably a little boring. Keep in mind I am quite a bit older than they are too so I dress like an Eldergoth. For special occasions I love to wear Victorian Goth dresses and up the wow factor a little bit. Occasionally I also wear Rockabilly dresses, especially in the heat of the summer.
So here is a list of my go to wardrobe basics:
- basic tank tops or shells for layering
- black lace tees in long and short sleeve
- shrugs in soft knit, velvet, or lace.
- shawls in lace or sweater weight knits
- black novelty tees
- black leggings
- black jeans for casual days
- tights in fishnet, lace, stripes, brocades, and of course basic black
- short flared skirts (circle skirts are the most flattering)
- Hi/Low skirts to show off the boots
- bell sleeved tops
- long Morticia skirts
- high heeled laced up boots (victorian granny boots)
- black low boots (I prefer Doc Martens)
- Winter Velvet Coat
- large bag for make up and other essentials
- Large hat and black parasol for summer
- black strappy low sandals for the summer
- fit and flared dresses in various lengths and fabrics
- belts or corsets to accent the waist
- fingerless arm warmers for winter (cut the fingers off vintage gloves for summer)
So that is my basic capsule wardrobe. On top of that I add special pieces like formal dresses or novelty dresses. I also have a huge thing for accessories. I collect hats, jewelry, belts, vintage gloves, scarves, and shoes. A shoe post is definitely on my list to do at some point in the future!
Autumn and Halloween are right around the corner and all this wardrobe planning has me looking forward to my favourite season. Cruising in the Camaro to view all the leaves changing and pumpkin spice lattes and warm apple pie. Yum! I can't wait!