I've been tagged by the lovely Curious Professor Z for the Halloween Tag! Thank You! The challenge is to answer these 13 Halloween related questions and then tag 5 more bloggers. Happy Halloween!
And the nominees are...
1. Favorite Halloween song?
2. Witch or Vampire?
3. Favorite thing about Halloween?
4. Halloween party or scary movie marathon?
5. Skeletons or Zombies?
6. Favorite Halloween candy?
7. Favorite Halloween movie?
8. Favorite Halloween costume?
9. Favorite Halloween store?
10. Jack-o-lanterns, yes or no?
11. Bats or Black Cats?
12. Is Halloween your favorite holiday?
13. Pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate?
1. Favorite Halloween song? That's a tough one to answer. I love The Nightmare Before Christmas and I usually pop the soundtrack into my car this time of year. "This Is Halloween" is my favourite song but I love the whole soundtrack and the new remake CD (Nightmare Revisted) too with Amy Lee and Marilyn Manson. I also love Bette Midler's "I Put A Spell On You" from Hocus Pocus. There are many more but I'll stop there. :)
2. Witch or Vampire? I switch back and forth every year. Both are my standard costumes. Growing up as a natural redhead, I was accused of being both over the years. If it was the Middle Ages I think I would have burned at the stake just for being a ginger. Lol. I dress more often as a witch though. I always dress as a witch to hand out the candy at home on Halloween night. All the neighbours seem to enjoy meeting the witch of the neighbourhood so why not play it up? Hehe
3. Favorite thing about Halloween? Being able to buy fun things for my house like hand towels and tea cups. But I also love all the fun events that are going on in October like Zombie Walks and Horror Cons.
4. Halloween party or scary movie marathon? Definitely scary movie marathon. I watch them all year long but I over indulge in October. Sometimes the local theatres have special 35mm screenings this time of year. Woo-hoo!
5. Skeletons or Zombies? Skeletons. I'm getting a little tired of zombies lately. They've been way over done. It's time for a new genre Hollywood!
6. Favorite Halloween candy? I also over indulge in Halloween candy this time of year. The grocery store has those big bags and they have fun names like Coffin Crisp. They too hard to resist!
7. Favorite Halloween movie? I have to go with the old standby, John Carpenter's Halloween. It just makes me feel like Halloween! Especially that soundtrack! I have some newer favs too. Trick R Treat and The Lords of Salem always get a play this season. I made a list of all my favs over on my movie website. Top 15 Halloween Movies
8. Favorite Halloween costume? I was a gypsy one year when I was about 7 or 8? I had a big black skirt and a sparkly shawl. I loved that outfit so much that I wore it more than just Halloween night. It's no wonder that I became obsessed with Stevie Nicks and Star from Lost Boys later on!
9. Favorite Halloween store? My friend owns a costume store in town called Party Corner. She always has great costumes ready to go. For home decor, no other store can beat Homesense. I love their selection every year.
10. Jack-o-lanterns, yes or no? Yes! I carve at least two pumpkins every year. My husband is a whiz at lighting so we have a spectacular light show on Halloween night including strobing pumpkins.
11. Bats or Black Cats? As much as I love bats, especially the cute little babies wrapped in blankets, I wish I had a big black cat. I'm not sure my dog would welcome a kitty though.
12. Is Halloween your favorite holiday? No doubt about it. Years of working in retail has killed Christmas for me. I enjoyed it when my son was little but now I'm just a big old Scrooge. Bah Humbug! Halloween is far better than any other holiday and I celebrate it all year long!
13. Pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate? Yay! It's Pumpkin Spice Latte season again! Pumpkin Spice everything!